19.5.14

Pause - Rewind - Play

The kind of lifestyle we lead is crazy. We wake up, take a shower, get ready, run to work. We sometimes do courses or network, all in the name of a good career. Somehow find a little window to eat and then sleep, and then again repeat the same thing the next day and the day next to it and the day next. We all want to be wild child of mother nature, at least I do, but when life takes over its hard to do that.

Let me tell you my story. I have had a 9 year long stint in advertising in India. I worked with some big companies and managed some big client and got these opportunities because I was chasing them. I belonged to the flock who worked almost 90 hours a week. It pretty much went on this way and I hung onto advertising like an addict. It was intoxicating! And then I met M, things changed and I finally decided to get married. It was initially a long distance relationship but after marriage I had to move over to US.

Finding a job wasn't easy but I think in my case it was the 9 years of fatigue had finally taken over. I was so exhausted that I was battling with the guilt of not working and at the same time the fatigue of having over-worked. I worked from home for a year and a half at a "non-advertising" company and I started feeling fatigued about explaining marketing concepts to them. Something I did for 9 years and loved!

And then came a moment when I started blogging. Blogging had occurred to me in 2008. I would write for a while, feel bad about not doing it regularly, delete it and start writing another one after sometime. However, this time I could devote much more time and I got back to writing.

I have another job and I am studying and I socialize, almost everyday, but in the middle of everything I find time to put things together. Now when I look back I realize the importance of this time that life gifted me to realize what I really like. If you read my blogs, you would know where my passion lies. I am thankful for that. I think we all in our busy lives, need to pause to think, rewind to look back at ourselves and pick up pieces of ourselves that we have left behind and Play!




On my Lips - Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Wild Flower (I am in love with this product) & LipTar in Harlot from their Vivid collection
Tshirt -Magnifique from MNG
Spring Jacket - ZARA (mine is old but you can find similar)
Denims - Gap


Does this post remind you of something special? I would love to know and have a conversation with you. So, please do leave behind your comment, suggestion, insights, love notes... I am listening.

Also, do not forget to share the love on

Facebok    Twitter    Pinterest    Instagram    Bloglovin    Google+


No comments:

Post a Comment

 facebook twitter pinterest instagram tumblr bloglovin

Pages