13.4.15

Beauty Monday : Open Pores


Before I even start talking about it, let me tell you that open pores have been a part of my life for a very long time. I have them on my nose spreading out towards my cheek. They are crater-like and when they were starting out I used to be very awkward with them. In fact sometimes thinking that thats what everyone is staring at. I did regular vapors, and tried squeezing blackheads with fingertips and everything that I should had. And after trying them all, I hope today when I talk about this my views prove helpful.

Cause

They form when our sebaceous glands produce oil and the oil make the journey to the skin to keep it moist through little canals called pores. Sometimes the oil production might increase causing the pores to stretch or even worse, get blocked. Sometimes dirt deposits there forming black heads.

Taking care

Its important to keep your skin clean, but not overdo it as much to threaten the oil production to a level that it increases. Don't stop the moisturizer. Find suitable products and don't run away from the good oils. It need not be a bad idea to use a cleansing oil/ balm which washes off completely. Its important to eat healthy and exercise regularly and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

But is that something new? No!

Though these would still remain the core, here are a few things that I do and believe that they help.

1. I clean my face with a cleansing oil in the morning and a cleansing balm at night. It makes my skin supple. I use all the time that I have to gently massage into my skin so that they can also enter those pores gently and bring out all the makeup and dirt residues during the day/ night. And then clean them with a deep cleansing face wash.

I use : Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm / Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil / Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

2. I keep my pores clean, and free or black and white heads with a black head removing strip. I do it once a week before my cleansing routine.

I use : Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

3. Choose the right face pack/mask. You don't want to use something that dries all the oil off or increases it. All you want to do is to maintain the right balance.

I use : Caudalie Purifying Mask (However I also mix and match a lot of different masks)

4. I use a serum after my cleansing routine. Though I keep changing the product that I am using, I try to be consistent about using it at least.

I use : Kiehl Precision Lifting & Pore Tightening Concentrate & Bodyshop Seaweed Pore Perfector

5. I never skip the moisturizer. I make sure I use exactly what my skin needs that day. It may not be the same everyday, and what I mean is the oil production. Somedays my skin is dry depending on the weather while the other days it can be sticky. I usually stock up on 2-3 kinds of moisturizers, to take me through each day.

I use : Olay Total Effect / Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel / Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream

When it comes to makeup...

~ I never apply anything shiny on these areas. Its an absolute enemy, and theres no dispute to that. It would make the pores appear larger. And also shinier products would increase the production of oil in these areas, which can be unhealthy for the skin causing break outs.

~ I use a primer that help minimize the visibility of these pores and also keeps it oil free.

And finally, I feel what is more important is to have a healthy and clear skin. Thats what people love to see and makes me feel fresh and great!

please do leave behind your comment, suggestion, insights, love notes... I am listening.

Follow me on Twitter @ujjainil

And please share the love on

Twitter  |   Facebook   |    Instagram   |   Pinterest   | Bloglovin   


No comments:

Post a Comment

 facebook twitter pinterest instagram tumblr bloglovin

Pages