23.1.15

DIY : Make Your Own Nourishing Lip Balm


I have used :

1. Coconut oil 1/2 tsp
2. Honey 1tsp
3. Cocoa butter 1/2 tsp
4. Beeswax beads 1tsp
5. Saffron 2-3 strands


\Add the Cocoa butter & the Coconut oil to the Beeswax beads\


\Melt them together for about 45secs in the microwave or whatever duration is appropriate depending on your microwave settings\


\Once molten add a teaspoon of honey. Mix well\


\Add saffron\


\Now pour it into a clean container. I used an old container from Lush, that I had brought samples in. You could also use an empty Altoids container\


\Let it solidify\


\Now rub your finger tip into it and apply\


During winter, a lip balm is the key to survival. I can in fact take it to the next level of paranoia. I have one at every corner of my little apartment. So that when I am in need I can quickly reach out for one. Naturally, I need lots of them, and making them at home is the most cost effective way to do it. This container, for someone like me would last at least for 4 weeks!


please do leave behind your comment, suggestion, insights, love notes... I am listening.

Follow me on Twitter @ujjainil

And please share the love on

Twitter  |   Facebook   |    Instagram   |   Pinterest   | Bloglovin   


4 comments:

  1. I have to try it!

    What about follow each other?
    lb-lc fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. following u too now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mlle Coconath8:11 AM

    Great DIY!
    xx
    Coco
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete

 facebook twitter pinterest instagram tumblr bloglovin

Pages