4.6.14

Manicure 10/10

I rarely get a manicure. Firstly I don't get the time, secondly, I don't always have the patience and calm nerves to go through the visit. However, I highly recommend a nice long manicure once in a while. If you are going to a good place, then, it can prove to be an amazingly soothing and relaxing experience. You lie back on a chair while someone takes time and care of you! But if you are looking for hands that are presentable and neat, looked after, what I do below should be good enough!





1. Kiss Manicure Sticks 2. Kiss Nail File & Buffer 3. Bodyshop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Face Scrub 4. L'occitane Rose Velvet Hand Cream 5. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser  6. Nail Polish of your choice. Try this, its Butter London, love their stuff! 7. OPI Original Start to Finish 8. Face brush ( you can you a manicure brush like this) 9. Cuticle clipper. Try this 10. Sally Hansen Cuticle rehab

I get all my supplies from the Duane Reade outside my house, so they are all very easily available.

I don't even do everything at one go.

Every night:
  • After I wash my face with the face wash and brush, I clean my hand with the same and cleanser.
  • Then after my night time 'face routine' apply the hand cream and then the cuticle cream.
Once a week during shower
  • I apply the face scrub, then push the cuticles back with manicure sticks then clip it with the clipper. This will keep the cuticle clean and the hands smooth. My favorite hand scrub is L'occitane Shea Butter One Minute Hand Scrub, though I have run out of stock now.
When I have some more time, probably once in 10 days.
  • I file my nails before shower.
  • After the shower, I would apply a base coat followed with 2 coats of nail polish and then finish with a top coat. Base coat helps prevent yellowing of nails and top coat provides shine and makes nail polish last longer.
Did you find it useful? I would love to know and have a conversation with you. So, please do leave behind your comment, suggestion, insights, love notes... I am listening.

Also, do not forget to share the love on


 facebook   Instagram   pinterest   twitter   Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

 facebook twitter pinterest instagram tumblr bloglovin

Pages